PULASKI TOWNSHIP (KDKA) — A mother and her two children were able to escape a fire that destroyed their mobile home in Lawrence County on Saturday morning.

It happened at the Heritage Hills Mobile Home Park in Pulaski Township.

READ MORE: Threats Place All Pittsburgh Public Schools On Modified Lockdown Friday

Flames and smoke were spotted coming from the windows in a bedroom at the home on Beechwood Boulevard when fire crews arrived around 9:30 a.m.

Crews managed to bring the fire under control within a half hour.

READ MORE: Allegheny County Employee Fired For Refusing COVID-19 Vaccine Says He's Preparing A Legal Fight

The homeowner says the fire may have started near a space heater in a bedroom.

The home sustained extensive damage, half destroyed by the flames and the other half with heat and water damage.

The state fire marshal continues to investigate.

MORE NEWS: Death Of Driver Who Crashed Into Biomat USA Plasma Center In Pittsburgh Ruled A Suicide

RELATED LINKS:
More Pulaski Township News
More Lawrence County News