Follow KDKA-TV: Facebook | Twitter

MONROEVILLE (KDKA) — A Tesla vehicle was on fire for hours Wednesday night in Monroeville.

READ MORE: Pittsburgh City Council Hikes Pay By $16,000; City Controller Raises Concerns About Transparency

It happened at Smeltz Auto Service on Monroeville Road.

(Photo Credit: KDKA)

Firefighters say the vehicle caught fire in February in a garage in Fox Chapel.

READ MORE: Another Video Surfaces Showing Suspect Beating Brashear Schoolmate A Month Earlier

The vehicle was towed to the shop in Monroeville on Wednesday and somehow caught fire again.

Forensic engineers say electric car batteries are unstable.

“We removed the car from the garage. A Tesla engineer removed the fuse from the battery pack prior to transport, indicating that would make the car safe for transport. We brought it here to Monroeville, arrived around 3:30 in the afternoon, and about 6:20, the car spontaneously caught fire,” forensic engineer David Bizzak said.

(Photo Credit: KDKA)

MORE NEWS: Kidsburgh: Program In Pittsburgh Pairs Kids With Learning Disabilities With Mentors

The car burned for about four hours before firefighters were finally able to put out the flames.