Father, Sons Hospitalized After Indiana County Fire
WEST MAHONING TOWNSHIP (KDKA) — A man and his two young children remain in the hospital today where they continue to recover after being injured in an explosion and fire in West Mahoning Township in Indiana County.
According to fire officials, the father was lighting a wood stove with kerosene when it burst into flames.
Authorities say the man and his sons, ages 4 and 5, suffered third-degree burns over much of their bodies.
Neighbors say it was a horrifying sight.
“The father was burned severely,” Clifford Griffith, a witness, said. “One of the ladies that, I guess she’s the lady that came down to make the call, she said he was standing outside with his clothes burned off.”
At last check, all three were in critical condition at Pittsburgh-area hospitals.
Stay with KDKA for the latest on this developing story.