By: KDKA-TV News Staff
PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – Duquesne University is looking to set the record straight in the case of Marquis Jaylen “J.B.” Brown.READ MORE: Vigil Held For Jim Rogers, Pittsburgh Man Who Died After Being Tased By Police During Arrest
After several calls and emails, the university is agreeing to the demands of Dannielle Brown, J.B.’s mother.
- Duquesne University Says Student Athlete’s Death ‘Not A Case Of Police Misconduct Or Negligence’
- Dannielle Brown, Mother Of Duquesne Student Who Fell To His Death, Holds ‘Living Funeral,’ Procession To Duquesne University
- Duquesne University ‘Agreeable’ To Mother’s Request For New Independent Investigation Following Son’s 2018 Death
- Mother On Hunger Strike Demands Answers Over Son’s Death At Duquesne University
- Police: Duquesne Football Player Who Fell 16 Stories To Death Jumped
Duquesne says it is awaiting paperwork from Brown’s lawyers before they release its public safety file and they add nothing is stopping an independent investigation.
The university also says, despite saying otherwise, Dannielle Brown demanded a multi-million dollar settlement over the death of her son.MORE NEWS: Michigan Man Arrested In Connection To 2 Deadly Shootings In West Virginia
Duquesne has instead offered to donate $100,000 to a foundation in J.B.’s honor but it is unknown if that offer has been accepted.