Take A Tour Of CBS Pittsburgh

Welcome to CBS Pittsburgh, the new home for KDKA-TV,  NewsRadio 1020 KDKA and 93-7 The Fan.

KDKA-TV is joining forces with the most trusted local CBS RADIO stations in Pittsburgh to give you the best Pittsburgh has to offer.

Here you will find all your old favorites (video, stories, blogs, photo galleries, radio shows, weather forecasts, and traffic reports) as well as some great new things (Best of Pittsburgh lists, stadium guides and daily deals). So take some time to explore the new look of CBS Pittsburgh as we take you on a tour of our tabs.

Here are some helpful links to help you find what you need.

News – All the news you’ve come to expect from KDKA and more (Local, Consumer, Politics, Business, Health, Entertainment, National, World News and Photo Galleries.)

Blogs – This is a collection of all the blogs being posted to CBS Pittsburgh. There are several sports blogs already up and running and there are plans to add more very soon about a variety of topics!

Sports – Follow your favorite Pittsburgh teams and high school sports standouts. Plus get guides to exploring what each Pittsburgh stadium has to offer.

Best of Pittsburgh – This has tips and lists to help you find the best places to get sushi, shop for a wedding dress, see a concert and so much more.

Watch + Listen – Listen to your favorite KDKA Radio Shows On Demand and Live. Miss a story on KDKA-TV? Check out the video player here (available in full screen mode too.)

Local Offers – Sign up to get daily deals delivered to your inbox!

Traffic – Avoid construction and congestion and check out the roads and traffic maps before your commute to work.

Weather – This is the place to go if you want to know if you should bundle up or dress down. You can see current weather conditions, area radars, the 5-day forecast, and weather videos so you won’t get caught without a coat on a cold day!

Don’t forget that we will have a list of some of our more popular links on the top left side of our homepage under Quick Links. Here is a preview of what you might see.

Links and Numbers

Events Calendar

School Closings

You will also notice the logos of  KDKA-TV, NewsRadio 1020 and KDKA 93-7 The Fan at the top of the homepage. You can click on them to find station information, program schedules and bios for the news teams.

Comments

1. Henrietta says:

The site, so far is nice, it was quite a surprise to see it this morning. But, Please, Please make the video’s larger or pop-outs…they are clear but much to small. Pop-outs, because you can move them around on your desk especially when you are watching them from work.

1. joanne lowrie says:

I don’t like the new format. I may go to channel4 and 11 inatead. Joanne

1. nancy ritz says:

u won’t be able to tell the difference…KDKA was the ONE outstanding local news website, but now looks like a wpxi/wtae clone!

2. Lisa says:

It’s a shame the one thing I liked most about KDKA website was that it was different than all the other terrible CBS radio websites. Very disapointing I was a big fan of the old layout.

3. LORRAINE says:

I dont like it. Its to busy and all over the place. takes to long to find news tone it down plus Ive notice kdka is getting as bad as wtae and not up dating the news. some of your stuff is from the day before and I know news happens. Sorry I dont cARE FOR THIS FORMAT

4. Don't fix it if it ain't broke says:

I liked the old KDKA website because it was less “busy” than the other Pittsburgh networks. Now it’s a carbon copy. of the others Sometimes new isn’t necessarily better.

5. Nice web site! says:

This is great!! I found so much information in the first minute of looking. Really liking this….

6. Marj W. says:

What a great looking Web site.

7. J.J. says:

I don’t like the new site PLEASE put the old site back on!!!!!!
    On the old site you knew where things are here you don’t.

8. Nancy says:

I like it, and to the other people that don’t like it?? Could you find everything the first time you looked at the old site? I think NOT!! give it time for crumbs sake!! It’s only the first day! SHEESH!!

9. Robert says:

Why would you take away the call letters?

CBS Pittsburgh is bland.

Site layout is nice, but the name is terrible. CBS is not a strong branding. But KDKA is the most powerful set of call letters ever.

10. invitedmedia says:

it’s gutsy to put up a comment section on this topic, you know EVERYBODY and their brother complains when there’s a redesign.

great move dumping the call letters, too!

11. Marge says:

I think this new website !!Sucks!! I won’t be using this site again.

12. J Gill says:

This is so very disappointing. KDKA has always been in a clas by itself–the most famous call letter ever– and now, it is just assimilated in to a generic site. Please go back to your old site and do a little updating. Keep it simple, sharp, and all about Pittsburgh, and you will again be the best of the ‘Burgh! Not all change is for the better!!

13. Mia says:

Pittsburghers DO NOT LIKE CHANGE!!!!!
    I guess I’m going to have to find a new home page😦

14. p hartzell says:

If I wanted this kind of site I’d be looking at WPXI

15. Donna says:

Dont like the new web site!! I like the old one!😦 If its not broke, then dont fix it! Go back to the old layout!!!!!!

16. John says:

I guess I like it.I know I would be more enthused if you had more world news as before.

i know i

17. Brad Lodovico says:

I hate this new site!! Go back to the old one or watch your internet traffic crash!

18. Brooklyn says:

I used KDKA as my homepage, but this new layout is so slow. One of the reasons I came to kdka was the difference from all the other websites that were advertisements for everything else. I know it will take a while to get used to but I will be removing it as my home page.

Keep it simple it is so much better. It was so easy before

19. Brian C. says:

I see the corporate suits at CBS forcing upon us what they have done in other markets…remove control from the local market to a national standard. I was hoping it would have stopped with the new graphics on the news but I guess not. Get used to it folks, the corporate suits do not care what the locals want. They would rather replace a functional site with a slow and clunky one for the sake of change.

20. Joe says:

This website is way too busy! Bring back the simplified KDKA website!

21. Ryan says:

Are the call letters going away? Will it be CBS 2 instead of KDKA TV?

22. Erin says:

Where are the horoscopes?

23. Al says:

I really like the new site. I do agree that the pop outs could be larger, but that’s a minor complaint. I especially like the links to the other local stations as well as the photos.
    It’s new and will take a bit of getting used to, but otherwise, I’m pleased.
    It was a big surprise though, a bit of a warning might have been nice.

24. Darren says:

This Web site looks like it was designed by a high school kid back in 1998. Has anybody in CBS’s Web department ever heard of Dreamweaver? Looks like the Webmaster is still typing the raw HTML code on a notepad file.

25. Jim says:

Used KDKA for years, it was clean and simple. This site looks like it was designed for an ADHD 15 year old. What happened to KISS design? unimportant things are too big and detract from the information of the site. If you are going to change a site make it better not flashier.

26. Joann says:

Okay, I can get used to a new website if necessary although I always thought your website was easy to navigate and not so ridiculously crammed like the other two stations. What I DON”T like is the “CBS”thing. KDKA is what I look for and want. You have a fantastic history. Why, oh why would you downplay it? Money? Is CBS demanding this? At least get your name back to where it is the prominent name on the site….pleeeeeeeeeeeease.

27. tom says:

Well all I see are bulleted lists. Apparantly, it is not loading propoerly on my IE (8). So I can not use it.

28. katlover says:

HATE IT. Thats enough said…….

29. Nana says:

Don’t like the new site,.

30. TL says:

I am so glad CBS is getting all of the local CBS-owned station’s websites changed to a similar design. The new CBS websites are so much easier to use and have much more information. I really like the ‘Best of’ categories.

I hope kdka is going to start branding themselves as CBS 2 soon as well, like CBS 3 in Philly and CBS 2 in New York. That would be great.🙂

1. Matt says:

If I didn’t know better you sound like a corporate PR drone for cbs with a list of talking points.

2. Jordan says:

KDKA TV will never be called CBS2 News.

CBS forced the CBS O&O look on the TV side and got rid of Music that everyone knew.

31. Mary Ellen says:

The new website is awful – fragmented and shallow – more like a “people magazine Pittsburgh style” rather than a respected news source. The videos are too small and my workplace blocks the visuals – all I get is print portions of articles. I will be using WPXI and WTAE from now on – sorry!

32. Kate says:

New website provides a small amount of visible news. Terrible new design. I guess I will just have to rely on Jen Ankowiak’s facebook updates with the news. Getting rid of the call letters was a terrible mistake.

33. JMT says:

Every CBS O&O in the country is moving toward the CBS [insert name of city] web format. It allows CBS to maintain only one website as opposed to three (or more in other cities). I admit that the branding disappoints me to a degree. After all, the TV, FM, and AM stations all have the same call letters. So why not call it KDKA Pittsburgh? That being said, I think the overall look and functionality of the site is lightyears ahead of the old kdka.com, or anything that the two radio stations ever had.

34. karen says:

I really do miss the old site already!! I’m sorry, but this site is too, too, busy. Whenever I opened my computor in the morning…………KDKA was the first site on my list always. Please put the old format on again, I really don’t care for this one. I loved looking at the radar on the frnt page of the old one. I know it’s still there but you have to click on weather to see it. Before I could see it first-hand!!
    Bring the call letters back…..KDKA

35. Dennis says:

I like the new website. It’s not that Pittsburghers don’t like change, rather they can’t read and think at the same time. Take your time and explore.

36. Teresa says:

Dislike, Dislike Dislike

37. B. Horvat says:

Awful, just plain awful! I liked the old website. I’m done with this one.

38. Jordan says:

HI. First you change the music on KDKA TV. Now it seems like I am watching New York of LA. Now CBS Pittsburgh website combined? What are you thinking? KDKA call letters are well known around the world. Please flip back to kdka.com and KDKARADIO.com… Bring back KDKA TV Prime music on the TV side. Please, CBS Enforcer doesn’t fit Pittsburgh of KDKA TV.

39. nancy ritz says:

It seems like KDKA has gone on a ‘cheap’ trip….and now, instead of LEADING the other local stations, it LOOKS just like them….i’m just sick….there’s no UNIQUENESS or sharpness…..i’ve noticed how recently that over the weekends the site rarely got updated, so here goes another one with a discount big box feel.

40. sonya says:

Wow. Way too much. Way too busy. Way too difficult to navigate. Even WPXI isn’t this busy, and I think that is where I”ll be going from now on. The news…that is all that I want. I guess you have the motto: If it ain’t broke, fix it till it is.

41. diane says:

Not at all impressed with new site. Much to difficult to find news.
    Will probably stay with WPXI.

42. Anita says:

I do not like the new website. There is considerably less news on it. It looks like a website promoting the city not a news site. I agree that the old website was the best in the area.. It was updated frequently throughout the day, evening and weekend and was full of NEWS and would check it frequently for that reason. Not now. I will be using a different site to get my local news.

43. meg says:

i don’t like the new website at all – it’s hard to read – graphics and colors blend too much, hard to time things and slow. i’m sure this was something that was forced down from the mothership at CBS – but it really needs a re-think. I’m going to use WTAE as my home page so I can get a quick look at the news and move on with my day.

44. Len says:

Some people like the new web layout: lots of content, lots to search through. Some people like the old web layout: short and sweet. I lean toward the old, because I just want a quick look at news headlines, click on what looks interesting, maybe check the stock market numbers (where are they now?), maybe the weather, all accessible on the same page. What you may need is a “QUICK LOOK” button right above the “QUICK LINKS” that would bring up a single summary page with one-line links to top stories, business, weather, etc., kind of like before.

45. Ken says:

I hate this new website! It’s extremely cluttered. Guess it’s time to switch to another site for my daily news. So sad…

46. Darnell says:

Where is the Lynne Hayes Freeland Show? On the old website there was a link available that allowed you to view her shows and many of the other shows on KDKA.

47. Tyler says:

Terrible Site! Some of the news links actually go to other media such as WTAE. The kdka app no longer works either and the name CBS Pittsburgh sounds horrible stay with the call letters. I will be moving to WPXI no doubt.

48. Bryan says:

Great Site!! It would be even better if it was cbs 2 instead of the call signs which sound outdated.

49. Stefan Jones says:

The old site was Pittsburgh… simple and to the point. The new site is CBS. Needless to say, I don’t like it. I don’t think this will be my homepage anymore.

Comments are closed.