PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – Thousands of people are expected to flock downtown today for the official kick-off to Pittsburgh’s holiday shopping season.
This year’s celebration has been extended though two days, today and Saturday, as “Light Up Night” marks its 50th anniversary.
There’s plenty to do, including the “Season of Lights” display in Market Square, the unveiling of the holiday windows at Macy’s, viewing the Crèche, ice skating over at PPG Place, a party on the Clemente Bridge, fireworks and more.
Plus, the annual “Santa Spectacular” will be held over at Point State Park too.
For more information, check out these links:
- Timeline (KDKA’s Stephanie Watson Reports)
- Parking (KDKA’s Jim Lokay Reports)
- Cool “Light Up Night” Activities
- Best Family-Friendly Light Up Night Events
- Santa Spectacular
- Pittsburgh Downtown Partnership
- Events Brochure (PDF File)