Follow KDKA-TV: Facebook | Twitter
PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – After his acquittal of killing Antwon Rose, a fundraiser was set up for former East Pittsburgh police officer Michael Rosfeld.
The campaignfundedjustice.com has raised a little less than $15,000 as of 11 a.m. on Saturday.
Rosfeld’s wife, Michelle, says that since he is unable to work, the family’s resources are depleted and they need financial assistance with his defense, which is not over after a civil suit is expected to be filed by the Rose family.
Similar fundraisers were set up to help Antwon Rose’s family following the shooting, but those have now been taken down.
- Office Of Michael Rosfeld’s Lawyer Shot Up Overnight
- The Day After: Michael Rosfeld Found Not Guilty In Shooting Death Of Antwon Rose
- Former East Pittsburgh Police Officer Michael Rosfeld Found Not Guilty In Antwon Rose Shooting
- More stories related to Michael Rosfeld
- More stories related to Antwon Rose
After four days of testimony and about three and a half hours of deliberations by an out-of-town jury, Rosfeld was found not guilty on all four possible charges — first-degree murder, third-degree murder, voluntary manslaughter and involuntary manslaughter — around 9:15 p.m. Friday. The jury of six men and six women was selected across the state in Harrisburg and was sequestered in a Pittsburgh hotel for the duration of the trial.