PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – There is another presumptive case of coronavirus in Pennsylvania, bringing the total to 11.
The Pennsylvania Department of Health announced the newest case on Tuesday morning.READ MORE: Butler County Community College Closes For 2 Days Due To Ransomware Attack
The patient is hospitalized in Montgomery County.
All of the patients so far are in the eastern part of Pennsylvania, and they are all adults.
There are now eight presumptive cases of COVID-19 in Montgomery County and one each in Delaware, Monroe and Wayne counties, the department announced.
In a news release, state Secretary of Health Dr. Rachel Levine said: “While we anticipate that there will be more Pennsylvanians with COVID-19 in the coming days and weeks, it is important for residents to know the commonwealth is prepared and to be prepared themselves. Right now, you have a higher chance of testing positive for COVID-19 if you have traveled to a country or state with known community outbreaks or have come in contact with someone who has the virus.”READ MORE: North Allegheny, Mt. Lebanon Among Highest-Ranked Schools In The Area
- Pittsburgh International Airport Taking Additional Steps To Prevent Spread Of Coronavirus
- Gov. Wolf Confirms Two New Cases Of Coronavirus In Pennsylvania
- Uber Offering Drivers 14-Day Paid Sick Leave If They Fall Ill With Coronavirus
- Duquesne Students Returning From Study Abroad Due To Coronavirus Have More Questions Than Answers
- Mayor Bill Peduto: Pittsburgh Is Preparing For Potential Coronavirus Outbreak
- University Of Pittsburgh Researchers Prepare For Handling The Coronavirus
- Local Weekend Events Follow Preventative Guidelines Amid Coronavirus Outbreak
- Pennsylvania Vets Respond To Coronavirus Fears For Household Pets
- Local Couple Quarantined In Home After Being Aboard Grand Princess Cruise
- Local Family Quarantined On California Cruise Ship For Possible Coronavirus
There are no cases in Allegheny County, but local health officials say they expect that to change in the coming days and weeks. They are monitoring the county daily.
For more information on COVID-19, visit www.alleghenycounty.us/coronavirus.
According to the State Health Department, they will now hold a daily coronavirus press briefing at PEMA headquarters in Harrisburg every day at noon.
These briefings will provide updates on the commonwealth’s response to COVID-19.MORE NEWS: Jewish Communities Around Greater Pittsburgh Come Together To Celebrate Hanukkah
Stay with KDKA for the latest on this developing story.