Follow KDKA-TV: Facebook | Twitter
PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — The Parkway East “bathtub” will close early Monday morning due to expected flooding.
PennDOT announced Sunday night that the section of westbound I-376 will close to traffic around 2 a.m. Monday, although it could close earlier in the event of faster rising levels of water.
All traffic approaching the “bathtub” between Grant Street and the Fort Pitt Bridge will be detoured.
- PennDOT Shuts Down 10th Street Bypass Due To Flooding
- Heavy Rain Damage, Flooding Force Closures Throughout Pittsburgh Area
- Allegheny County Crews Respond To Countless Reports Of Rain Damage
- Fayette, Westmoreland, Washington Among Counties Hit Hard By Flooding
The following detour will be posted:
• From westbound I-376, traffic will take the Grant Street (Exit 71A) off-ramp
• Turn left onto Fort Pitt Boulevard
• Bear left onto the westbound I-376 ramp toward Fort Pitt Bridge/Airport
• End detour
The 10th Street Bypass was also closed late Sunday afternoon due to anticipated flooding.
Stay With KDKA.com For More Details