The federal complaint was filed in Nevada Monday and KDKA is learning some new details about this case. He was charged with kidnapping resulting in death.
Chapman, 39, allegedly admitted to Bethel Park Police that he had taken Feden to Nevada in mid-September. The federal complaint says he allegedly told her they’d be going so they could get a home in Las Vegas together.
WATCH: KDKA’s Jennifer Borrasso Reports Live From The Allegheny County Jail.
However, he allegedly told police that he had intended to kill her for her money. The complaint says he had a “kill kit” ready before they left for the trip.
“It’s beyond shocking,” Feeden’s friend Charity Parham said.
In his alleged confession, he told Bethel Park Police he drove from Pennsylvania to Nevada. The complaint says he then said he took her out to the desert, tied her to a signpost and suffocated her.
The complaint goes on to say that in the deleted photos section of Chapman’s phone, detectives found a picture of Feden under a Las Vegas sign, and then the next morning, a picture of Feden bound in the Nevada desert with duct tape on her mouth and zip ties securing her body to a signpost where her body was found.
“I can’t imagine what her last thoughts would have been,” Parham said. “The fact that someone can sit there and watch as it happens, it’s awful.”
- Police: Man Arrested After Allegedly Admitting To Tying Up, Killing Missing Bethel Park Woman
- ‘Just Dumped Off Like A Piece Of Trash’: Man Says He Found Body Believed To Be Missing Bethel Park Woman Jaime Feden In Las Vegas Desert
- Officials In Nevada Positively Identify Remains Of Jaime Feden
- Friends And Family Of Bethel Park Woman Allegedly Killed In Nevada Desert By Boyfriend Remain In Disbelief
- Nevada Investigators Continue Probe In Bethel Park Woman’s Death, But No Homicide Charges Filed Yet
After her murder, the complaint says Chapman tossed Feden’s clothes at various locations on his drive back to Bethel Park from Nevada. It also accuses Chapman of using Feden’s home after her death, allegedly bringing his new girlfriend there.
“It’s just a shame,” Feden’s neighbor Betsy Mueller said. “It’s sick. It gives me the chills every time I look at her house and that she’s never coming back.’
Chapman is scheduled to appear in federal court in Pittsburgh next week.
KDKA’s Amy Wadas reached out to the FBI in Nevada for reaction. They said they don’t usually comment on open investigations.