PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — Mayor Bill Peduto says city leaders are monitoring the coronavirus outbreak before canceling other events.Lawyer Says Charlie Gerow, Candidate For Governor, Struck Motorcycle, Not Driver
So why hasn’t the Home and Garden Show been canceled?
Peduto says that the Home and Garden show is a different type of event.
The parade is a bunch of people stacked in one spot, and the Home and Garden Show is spread out, the mayor said.READ MORE: CMU Researchers Find Vaccine Hesitancy Is 'Politicizing' Public Health
However, Peduto says officials will evaluate as the weekend goes on.
- Ohio State University Cancels Face-To-Face Instruction For Month Of March
- Local Universities Have Contingency Plans In Place For Coronavirus Outbreak
- Pa. Dept. Of Health Announces New Presumptive Case Of Coronavirus, Total Increases To 11
- UPMC Putting Plans In Place To In Case Of Confirmed Case Of COVID-19
- Pittsburgh International Airport Taking Additional Steps To Prevent Spread Of Coronavirus
- Mayor Bill Peduto: Pittsburgh Is Preparing For Potential Coronavirus Outbreak
“That does not preclude us from looking over the course of this weekend, how the home and garden show is being attended,” Peduto said.MORE NEWS: Pitt To Redevelop Closed Hotel, Panera Bread Into Grocery Store, Housing
He says that could mean implementing something like only allowing a certain number of people in at a time.