PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — The alleged driver in a fatal hit-and-run crash in Penn Hills will be released from jail.
According to our news partners at the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, 21-year-old Surron Burch had a bail review hearing Monday morning.READ MORE: More Than $100,000 Raised For Family Of Kara Leo After She Was Struck, Killed By Tree Branch
A judge originally denied his bail, but decided today Burch can instead be electronically monitored from home.
Burch is accused of hitting and dragging 51-year-old Joseph Morris last month along Hershey Road.READ MORE: Severe Thunderstorm Warning Issued For Lawrence and Beaver Counties, Parts Of Ohio
Morris was dragged for about half a mile to Universal Road. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
- Alleged Driver In Fatal Penn Hills Hit-And-Run Arrested
- Woman Wanted In Connection With Fatal Penn Hills Hit-And-Run In Police Custody
- Uber Driver’s Tip Leads Police To Suspect Vehicle In Fatal Hit-And-Run In Penn Hills
- Police Continue Investigation Into Penn Hills Fatal Hit-And-Run As Victim Is Laid To Rest
- Family Members Say Man Killed In Unsolved Hit-And-Run Was The ‘Glue’ Holding Family Together
- More related stories
Police used surveillance video and a tip to locate the car involved, then questioned the car’s owner to identify Burch.MORE NEWS: Pittsburgh Police: Man In Critical Condition After Shooting On North Side
Under the electronic monitoring order, Burch is also not allowed to operate a motor vehicle.