PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – Giant Eagle is adding extra hours to its curbside pick-up at the Shadyside Market District and saving those spots just for frontline healthcare workers.
Giant Eagle says healthcare workers can use a link provided by their employer to place their grocery orders online for next-day pick-up at the Market District in Shadyside.
The extra hours of 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. will be available for workers at AHN West Penn Hospital, Children’s, Magee-Women’s Hospital, UPMC Mercy, UPMC Montefiore, UPMC Presbyterian, UPMC Shadyside and UPMC Western Psychiatric Hospital.
These slots are only open to people involved in patient care during the coronavirus outbreak.
- Coronavirus In Pennsylvania: Gov. Tom Wolf Orders All Pennsylvanians To Stay At Home
- Coronavirus In Pennsylvania: Gov. Tom Wolf Extends Stay-At-Home Order Until April 30, Indefinitely Closes Schools And Non-Life-Sustaining Businesses
- Coronavirus In Pittsburgh Area: Coronavirus Case Confirmed In Washington Co., Western Pa.’s First
- Coronavirus In Pittsburgh: Two Cases Of Coronavirus Confirmed In City Of Pittsburgh
- Coronavirus In Pennsylvania: State’s First Coronavirus-Related Death Confirmed
- Coronavirus Closures And Changes: Attractions, Businesses, And Events Canceled Or Closed In Pittsburgh, Across Western Pa.
- Coronavirus In Pittsburgh: Area Restaurants Offering Takeout And Delivery Amid COVID-19 Outbreak
- More Coronavirus News
The company says it’s exploring opportunities to expand the service to more locations.
“In times of crisis, there is no better testament to a community’s character and strength than the selflessness of its people and its institutions, as we all come together to support each other in every way possible,” said Cynthia Hundorfean, AHN President and CEO.
“We are so thankful to Giant Eagle and the many others who have also stepped up in their own unique ways to support our courageous caregivers, and their families, at this challenging time.”
More information on the Coronavirus pandemic: