By: KDKA-TV News Staff
PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – Antonio Brown has reportedly been suspended without pay for the first eight regular-season games of the 2020 season.READ MORE: Howard W. Hanna Jr., Founder Of Real Estate Agency Dies At 101 Years Old
NFL Insider Adam Schefter reports Brown, a free agent and former Steeler, was notified Friday by NFL Special Counsel for Conduct Todd Jones about the suspension.
Antonio Brown was notified today by NFL Special Counsel for Conduct Todd Jones that he has been suspended without pay for the first eight regular-season games of the 2020 season for multiple violations of the NFL's Personal Conduct Policy.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) July 31, 2020
His suspension is for “multiple violations of the NFL’s Personal Conduct Policy,” Schefter reports.
This comes a week after Brown took to Instagram and appeared to urge the NFL to finish its investigation so he can “talk to these teams properly” days following what seemed to be a retirement announcement.
“How is it that the league can just drag it’s (sic) feet on any investigation it chooses on players and we just have to sit there in limbo?” Brown wrote on Instagram. “Need an update so I can talk to these teams properly, they’re waiting on you @nfl let’s get this thing moving!”READ MORE: 'I Owe Him Everything'; Zlatan Ibrahimovic Pays Tribute Following The Passing Of Dr. Freddie Fu
- ‘We’ve Got History To Make’: Antonio Brown Urges NFL To Finish Its Investigation Days After He Seemingly Announced His Retirement
- ‘Mission Complete’: Antonio Brown Appears To End Football Career Again Saying, ‘Life Goes On 84’
- Antonio Brown Gets 2 Years Probation And Must Attend Anger Management Program After Fight With Moving Truck Driver In Florida
- Report: Antonio Brown Facing Charges From January Assault Incident
- ‘My Emotions Truly Did Cloud My Better Judgement’: Antonio Brown Apologizes To Florida Police After Arrest
- ‘We Want To Help Get Him On The Right Track,’ NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell Opens Up About Antonio Brown Investigation
- Antonio Brown Turns Himself In To Florida Police
- ‘This Guy Is High, He Smoked, He Threatened Me’: Delivery Driver Reportedly Claims Antonio Brown Was Under The Influence During Alleged Attack
- Report: Antonio Brown Threw Rock At Moving Truck After Refusing To Hand Over $4,000 Payment
- Antonio Brown Accused Of 3 Separate Incidents Of Sexual Assault
- Report: Antonio Brown Faces 2nd Accusation Of Sexual Misconduct, Allegedly Took Place In Pittsburgh
ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler reported a source says Brown got close to settling his case with his former trainer, Britney Taylor, and scheduled a mediation. But Brown reportedly backed out. It’s the second time he’s gotten close to settling before publicly hinting at retirement, Fowler says.
A source said Antonio Brown recently got close to settling his case with Britney Taylor and scheduled a mediation but then backed out of it. That's the second time he's gotten close to settling, then publicly hinted at retirement shortly thereafter.
— Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerESPN) July 20, 2020
Brown also was arrested in January after an alleged fight with a truck driver at his home in Florida. He will serve two years probation and attend an anger management program as part of his plea deal.
Brown played one game with the New England Patriots last season before being released.MORE NEWS: Wholey's Market Celebrates 109 Years In Business
Stay with KDKA for the latest on this developing story.